A solitary Divine will lose their perspective, become... untethered.”
The Elects are the specially selected pilots of Divines, synthetic beings of enormous power revered by the Divine Principality.
Chosen Elects enter the training program around the age of 17, which is a months long process with various ceremonies.
Even with broad reverence across the Principality and the power of a Divine, Elects are still targeted to be killed. A known example is the Apostolosian Swordbreakers. Due to the presumed internal conflict by the Principality, there are treaties in place which allow the Elect's bodies and the wreckage of Divines to be reclaimed after they are killed or destroyed, as Divines are critical to the culture of the Principality.
The intended role of Elects in their relationship with Divines is to ground them and their perspective to humanity and the Divine Principality, keeping them on track to further the Principality's goals.
History[edit | edit source]
When the philosophy of the Resonant Orbit shifted to become Asterism, the Divines came to embody the best aspects of the state itself, and as such the Elect became the ideal citizen of the Principality, whom everyone should model themselves after. The constellations of Asterism, "organizational diagrams and schema that are meant to 'clarify' your position in society", understand house leadership as connecting the Elects to the leader of each Stel and to their Divine, meaning they are expected to work in harmony towards a three-way leadership.
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ The Road to PALISADE 02: HOUNDs Pt. 2 at 00:09:27
- ↑ The Road to PALISADE 02: HOUNDs Pt. 2 at 01:16:25
- ↑ PARTIZAN 03: SHORESIDE RECOVERY - DINNERDATE, 00:31:17
- ↑ PARTIZAN 03: SHORESIDE RECOVERY - DINNERDATE, 00:28:04 - 00:29:01
- ↑ "A solitary Divine will lose their perspective, become... untethered." – The Road to PALISADE 02: HOUNDs Pt. 2 at 04:24:36.
- ↑ "They look up to an Elect. And say, ‘... I should guide myself like the pilot of the Divine’" – Road to PARTIZAN: Ech0 & Dusk to Midnight, 01:57:27 - 01:57:41
- ↑ Road to PARTIZAN: Armour Astir (Pt. 1), 00:09:08 - 00:09:34
- ↑ Part of a hierarchical structure like The Great Chain Of Being in medieval Christianity; Road to PARTIZAN: Microscope (Pt. 1), 01:13:40 - 01:14:16