Autumn in Hieron (formerly known as Seasons of Hieron[note 1]) is the first season of Friends at the Table. It is a "post-fantasy, post-post apocalyptic" game of Dungeon World. The first episode was released on September 12, 2014.
- Hella Varal (Ali Acampora): The Fighter, a human mercenary from the industrial, magic-hostile land of Ordenna who wields a mysterious blade.
- Lem King (Jack de Quidt): The Bard, a young orc from The New Archives who has run away from home after stealing a precious violin.
- Fero Feritas (Keith J. Carberry): The Druid, a wandering halfling who has tagged along with Lem as an adventurer.
- Hadrian (Art Martinez-Tebbel): The Paladin, a holy warrior in the employ of the Church of Samothes in Velas.
- The Great Fantasmo (Nick Scratch): The Wizard, an elderly elven scholar who seeks knowledge and riches.
- Throndir (Andrew Lee Swan): The Ranger, a snow elf who was exiled from the town of Auniq. He travels with his canine companion Kodiak.
See also: Autumn in Hieron characters
- Samot: A mysterious figure who appears to Lem and Hadrian in a vision.
- Captain Calhoun: A ship captain who helps bring the party to the Isle of Eventide.
- Adelaide: Queen of the city of Nacre.
- Sunder Havelton: A traveling scholar researching The Mark of the Erasure.
- Uklan Tel: A traveling scholar researching the Mark of the Erasure.
- Prelate Lucius: Hadrian's mentor who leads the Church of Samothes in Velas.
- Autumn in Hieron is mostly played in Dungeon World, with special supplements.
- In the holiday special, Dungeon World is mashed up with Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective as the players are called to solve a murder.
- Episode 20 uses The Sundered Land to create a myth about one of the setting's gods.
- The season was renamed for greater clarity and consistency with subsequent Hieron seasons as part of the podcast feed's switch to Libsyn, which was officially implemented on August 2, 2017.